Introducing our two summer interns. They are both excited to start this new journey as they learn how to navigate the film world and we are thrilled to work with them. They will help us run our 5 week summer filmmaking course for teenagers and prepare for our Fall events and activities.
Every year when we hold our High School Film Competition we come away wowed by how good the young filmmakers all are, how quickly they grasp techniques and how brave they are with ideas and stories. This year was no exception so we moved quickly to set up a new ….
FREE Summer Filmmaking Course July 11-August 12th, Mon-Fri 3-7pm for Ages 14-19 interested in film and media careers in DC and the wider DMV. Everyone gets to be part of making a short fiction film.
SORRY! THE PROGRAM IS FULL
You are welcome to put your name on a waitlist starting Week 2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with Summer2022 Waitlist as the Subject Title
Take-Aways from DCIFF’s 2022 High School Film Competition and Filmmaking Courses:
- No topic is taboo among teenagers willing to take on their own issues and topics of family and society.
- They understand story structure very well even if they are still working on dialogue and presentation
- It really is possible to start becoming an animator as a teenager
- The teamwork essential to make a film is alive and well among the young!
- Making a film in high school is an amazing portfolio addition for work and going on to college