Submission Call for DCIFF 2020 open to Dec. 19th. 2019
The 21st edition of the DC Independent Film Festival will be back March 4-8, 2020. We look forward to your submissions at the FILMFREEWAY platform. The festival programs films and screen arts projects of any genre, style and language (subtitled).
- We have a creative spectrum of animation formats that has become a centerpiece of the festival.
- We do not have a family section but love films that appeal to the child in all of us.
- We have a dedicated horror program in honor of a genre that has launched the careers of many great filmmakers.
- We have a rich documentary section (long and short format)
- We welcome art films, interactive films and web series episodes/pilots.
- We have a dedicated high school film competition in its 7th year.
- We will celebrate International Women’s Day, March 8th, 2020.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing you work. The regular deadline with low submission fees is November 28, late deadline (aka more expensive) is December 19, 2019. All high school films are free to submit.
In-Competition Eligibility: Completed by November 2018/ No public screenings in Metro DC area/ Independently Produced
ALL QUESTIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping it independent in the nation’s capital. Advancing opportunity and careers through exhibition, connection and professional development.